Black History Month: Audra McDonald

Audra McDonald is so beautiful, so charming and witty and kind (from what I can tell via YouTube videos like this one and this one), and I think one of the greatest actors to ever live. And I'm not even hyperbolizing - the awards speak for themselves. She has won SIX Tony Awards - that's more performance wins than any other actor AND the only person to have won an award for all four acting categories. If you ever want to see a lot of little green boxes, visit her Wikipedia page where it lists all of the awards she's won.
I feel like nothing I can write would do justice to what your ears will tell you when you listen to her, so I posted a bunch of goodies for you below. Make sure to listen to "Your Daddy's Son" from Ragtime - it's the first time I ever heard her voice and I still love it as much today as I did then.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God bless us everyone!

Picking a Song - The Audition Chronicles

Part III - The Future