God bless us everyone!

I'm lucky enough to have spent the last few months in rehearsal for a really special production of A Christmas Carol at Centerpoint Legacy Theatre (CPT). With music by Alan Menken (the man behind all your favorite Disney stuff) and lyrics by Lynn Aherns (the woman behind Ragtime and Anastasia) it is so joyful and catchy.


Now I'm always a little emotional when I'm watching something on stage. Sometimes it's from the music, sometimes it's purely just an outlet for how happy I am to be watching the show (or how happy I am for the people that get to be performing it it), but very rarely do I get emotional about shows that I perform in. I think you become sort of desensitized to the story and the touching moments because you've gone through the very rigorous process of rehearsing them over and over and over again. But as I sang the last few lines of our curtain call number during our final dress rehearsal on Saturday, I could barely hold back tears as I sang:
Let the stars in the sky remind us of man's compassion.
Let us love till we die and God bless us everyone.
In your heart there's a light as bright as the stars in Heaven.
Let it shine through the night and God bless us everyone.
This show has become incredibly important to me and the message it has to share, while a classic story that everyone knows, is timeless and becomes that much more beautiful because of the music.

I would really love everyone to come see this show if they have the chance.
It's short (my cast calls it Christmas Joseph), but the costumes, direction and dancing are all so beautiful. I got to work with one of my favorite directors again who is just so incredibly at creating the most beautiful stage pictures and it's worth it just to come see the group numbers. There are about 45 of us on stage in the big numbers and that is A LOT of people, but everyone has a story to tell.

If you comment on this post or email me directly, I can provide you with a code that will save you money on tickets OR for you lucky few who have nothing to do on Tuesday, November 21st, I have 2 free tickets to our first performance for an actual audience. Comment or email me if you're interested.

You can buy tickets here or you can call the CPT box office directly at (801) 298-1302. Please come share in the joy of the season with me!



For the next month, I'm going to take a break from Golden Age musicals as I have some holiday stuff planned - including a review of a local production in December, but I promise I'll be back to talk more Golden Age stuff since I haven't gotten to some of my very favorites yet!

Comments

  1. I am totally interested! We want to take Max!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have 3 that I can leave for you at the box office for tomorrow's show at 7:30 if you need 3. Does that work for you guys? Jonathan will be there too!

      Delete
  2. I was in CPT’s Christmas carol as a dancer about 6 years ago! I absolutely love this show! Wish I could be there to see it. Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Picking a Song - The Audition Chronicles

Part III - The Future